A CUT ABOVE
Hammer Stahl knives are made in the tradition of the great German knife makers, but with a patented new design and a manufacturing process that allows them to be affordable. Hammer Stahl knives are coveted by professional chefs for their razor sharp cutting edge, hand forged quality and quad tang design, which makes them some of the more balanced knives in the world today.
The process starts in Germany, where X50CrMoV15 stainless steel is fully forged and tempered for ideal strength and durability. The forged steel is then shipped to our state-of-the-art factory in China, where the detailed process of applying the Pakkawood handles is meticulously done by hand. After the razor sharp cutting edge is measured for precision by laser, the knife is polished, inspected and packaged. The finished product is an impeccable combination of beauty and functional design.
1. GERMAN STEEL - Our cutlery is made from top-quality German X50CrMoV15 high carbon stainless steel. It is forged and tempered to precise specifications and a Rockwell hardness of 55 - 57 that provides a superior edge and lasting durability.
2. RAZOR SHARP EDGE - The razor sharp edges are precisely measured by laser for a world-class cutting edge. The blades are sharpened to a 20 degree bevel angle.
3. COMFORTABLE GRIP - Our knives are engineered with a sloped bolster to provide a comfortable grip.
4. BEAUTIFUL HANDLE - Our Pakkawood handles are infused with phenolic resin that combines the beautiful look of wood with the durability of plastic.
5. QUAD TANG DESIGN - The quad tang design, with the handle's steel exposed on all four sides, provides exceptional balance and superior comfort.